Sunday, January 3, 2010

happy new year!

We've begun yet another decade. SO hard to believe.... I swear it was yesterday that it was 1990. Yes, so very much has happened between now and then, but man, time sure flies.

I don't have any goals or resolutions for this coming year. I simply hope for two healthy babes and to stay as sane as possible in my sleep-deprived months ahead. Those are the only two things I am focused on right now in this beginning of a new year -- and they are always on my mind. So I guess I do have two goals for the year...although they are somewhat out of my hands as to whether or not they will/can be accomplished:
1) two healthy babies
2) be patient and kind in my sleep-deprived state (patience and kindness seem to disappear when I am sleep-deprived. Not a good thing for a mommy...or a wife...or a friend, daughter, sister.......).
That's it. If I can accomplish those two things this year, I will truly feel like it is a blessed year. Here's hoping.....

And here's to two full days of GORGEOUS snow falling these last two days of vacation with Mr. Incredible and my two kiddos. I didn't take one picture while I was in Wisconsin since we did nothing but sit, eat, sit and eat. No joke. No pictures worth taking during such a non-eventful, but relaxing (so relaxing I think my muscles have atrophied), time away. These pictures represent my feelings of excitement from this past week...they were all I was inspired to take on these gorgeous days of snowfall while I was getting my life back in order after being away.



Nothing exciting, but peaceful and still, which is nice once in a while. Hmmmm...peace and stillness...two more good things to hope for in the new year......(although maybe not QUITE to the extreme of this past week....)

2 comments:

calibosmom said...

Glad you are back! We went for a nice long walk in the woods today. It was beautiful.

Emily said...

I'm so happy to hear about your tests! So good, so good! Well, I join you in your desire to remain patient in a sleep deprived state. I am 5 months into sleep deprivation and I will say the body does get used to it!