Friday, January 29, 2010

the final stretch

And I do mean "stretch". My belly already feels stretched to the max and I still have 3 months to go!! Yikes. These babies clearly need more room as I am now feeling both of them kick at once -- which I felt for the first time yesterday. They are moving around more and more...and yes, I still love those lil bumpy-bumps in my belly telling me I have TWO babies alive and kickin' in there.

(note that I can't see my feet anymore)

I was trying to get a picture of me and my belly and the Doggy Diva just HAD to prop herself in the picture. Believe me, she is MUCH better looking than I am, so I kept her in and me out. The picture doesn't do the enormity of my belly justice (seriously, it doesn't...my belly is much larger than the picture shows), but she's way more interesting to look at than a bloated momma.

Anyway, my point is that I'm feeling the "final stretch" coming on as I am losing energy, feeling lethargic and not nearly as motivated as I was just last week. Oh so short a break that was! But, I just have to share some of the things I have been getting done in my two short weeks of feeling so dang good (really just to make me feel better knowing I at least got SOMETHING done during these prego months).

I've been cooking and baking like a mad woman, gourmet meals every night, breads, treats, all sorts of new recipes have been tried. I have always wanted to make baklava, so this week I did. It turned out just like it does at the bakery...only better because I could eat as much as I wanted without having to buy every square. I absolutely love this very sweet and rich treat, so I'm glad to know that it is easy to make...although maybe that's not such a good thing considering my rather large thighs.....

I also made some yummy smelling cream for my babes. So easy, cheap, and it's excellent cream for my horribly dry skin...which has inevitably been passed on to my wee ones.

I've started making the nursery look more like a nursery than a guest bedroom.... (both the cream and the pom poms were inspired from a wonderful and most creative friend).


A few other fun creative projects are in the works as well. Why couldn't I get this motivated when I didn't have a huge belly -- and lots more weight -- to lug around???? Unfortunately the motivation is slowly drifting away...and who knows when it will come back given what the next year will be like.....

2 comments:

calibosmom said...

Mmmm...baklava! Must send recipe! Sorry thats all I can comment on-I haven't had sugar all week so by the weekend I'm jonesin for goodies.

Unknown said...

mmm. that baklava was soooo good.

I love seeing the nursery. Strangely, I don't think I've been upstairs at your house. ever. and I'm so glad that you made some yummy cream! What a good job you're doing!