Friday, January 29, 2010

2 lil cherubs

Last night was a rough night as I came down with the bug that my boy started, then gave to my girl and then at 5pm last night I felt it comin' on -- and it came on F A S T. I had a HORRIBLE sore throat all night and my head feels like it will explode. I'm hoping it only lasts a day like it seemed to with them....

Anyway, I took my time getting out of bed, showered and dressed this morning and had no idea what my wee ones were up to. Well, I walked into the living room to find this:


A friend recently gave us a book with a CD that goes along with it and they were peacefully and happily reading along together...being the perfect lil cherubs that they are.

HA! Yeah, well, that didn't last long. The rest of the day they seemed to be at each other's throats. This was a good moment though, so I had to document it. It felt so good to see that they had taken care of themselves while I took care of me...for a bit anyway.

After feeling yucky all day, I made what my mom used to make for me when I was sick....

The difference being that my mom would give me Campbell's tomato soup, and this is homemade -- but it was for dinner and not for lunch like my mom used to do. And...I didn't grow up with a plethora of tomatoes in my back yard for making such yummy delights as tomato soup 'n such (yes, I still have some canned and frozen...lots actually). And...my mom gave me a panini maker for Christmas and it makes the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches!!!!! Who knew they could get even better....

Hopefully this comfort food dinner will help me get a better night's sleep and feel all better tomorrow. Here's hoping!

No comments: