Thursday, February 14, 2013

happy valentine's day 2013!

In case you are wondering, taking care of twin two year olds and a 14 week old puppy isn't easy. Yesterday was one of the worst days so far.... I felt like I was in a bad sitcom with way too many crazy things happening all at once and one right after the other. It was absolutely ex. haus. ting. It was all typical stuff...peeing and pooping puppy (two feet of snow outside makes it VERRRY DIFFICULT to potty train a wee pup!!!!), screaming and whining babies, a crying and frustrated little girl after school, and all day -- ALL DAY -- cleaning up mess after mess...after mess....after mess.....now with added chewed up toys, boots, hats, mittens to the mix of toys...not to mention all the pee and poops everywhere -- on the floor, in the diapers....and more diapers.....

And, to add to the craziness....I made these for Soren and Anna Clara's valentines and Anna Clara's class party:
lollipops for the valentines and cream-filled cookies for the class party
Very surprising to me, Mr. Incredible sent me a dozen roses, 4 balloons for the kiddos and chocolates. That's a first. Maybe he misses me in Chicago. Almost as much as I miss him.
The kiddos requested the lollipop valentines again. They came home very proud that they were the only ones with homemade valentines. What? Remember when EVERYONE made homemade valentines??

The boys enjoyed the leftovers.


When putting the kidlings to bed last night I asked them each what she/he was looking forward to most about Valentine's Day. 

Anna Clara said, "the treats."

Soren said, "the day after I get to see Daddy."

He's a heartbreaker and a love of my, and daddy's, life.
He worked into the dark evening hours to build a fort and a snowman. A boy after my own heart!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! 

3 comments:

Shannon Gish said...

How in the world do you do it? I was just so happy to get the valentine's done for one elementary school child. You did that for two plus baked something beautiful for the class. Wow! The snow fort, by the way, looks great. How about you and I hide in it from from the diapers and dogs? I'll bring chocolate.

Duy Nguyen said...

I want some of that cookies! Can't wait to have you guys here so you can teach Trang some of your baking skills before she is off to UGA.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another wonderful post. Where else could anyone get that type
of information in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and
I am on the look for such information.

Also visit my blog - charity-blog.blogspot.com