Tuesday, February 12, 2013

storm nemo

Such a funny name for a storm...but the Blizzard of 2013 was worthy of a name.
Friday, February 8th at 10am
Saturday, February 9th at 10am (and more coming!)
Friday, February 8th at 10am
Saturday, February 9th at 10am (and still snowing)
This is just after 24 hours of Blizzard 2013.
Soren building a fort in the driveway.
Niels is helping.
Anders hates the cold. This is his reaction after only 5 minutes outside. As Jim said, "His Viking ancestors would be disappointed."
The snow at our garage opening just before I discovered our snowblower was broken...again...but I broke it this time. Oops.
The stairs made a great sledding hill and the snow made it difficult to swing on the swings.

I love Soren's arm around AC in this pic.
My kind and thoughtful neighborly neighbors came over, without my asking, to clear my driveway and path. It made my day. I love my kind and thoughtful neighbors!!!!
My two favorite baby girls.
Anna Clara has got herself another playmate.



The cookies I made for my kind and thoughtful neighbors.

Exhausted after playing in the snow.

Oh yes. The pup. The day before the storm I drove an hour and a half to MA to the place where I bought JoiVie to pick up this lil 14 week old puppy. I couldn't handle the hole left in our home. And, coincidentally enough, when I called to find out if they had any pups, they had only one female Golden Retriever available -- on the very day I let JoiVie go. I picked her up the next day and I'm so very glad I did. She has helped keep my mind off the huge hole in my heart. She is  mellow, sweet, smart, loving and about as gorgeous as a pup can get (I love how red she is!). I told Jim he could name her since he hated the name JoiVie (too unmanly for him), so he chose "Lambeau" and the children approved. In case you don't know, Lambeau is from "Curly" Lambeau of Packer fame and the name of the Packers stadium. I love that it has the word "beau" in it -- French for "beautiful"-- in keeping with JoiVie's name origin (not that I'm French or have any French ancestry, but it truly is a beautiful language, and I kinda have a love for foreign languages). Just don't tell my manly Cheesehead hubby that.... *wink*

1 comment:

namaste said...

that is a LOT of snow. you definitely got way more than we did (5 to 6 inches). the kids look like they're having so much fun playing outdoors. ok, maybe not anders. but at least he's agreeable to pictures :) you and your neighbors are so fortunate to have each other!

thanks so much for your thoughtful comments on my blog. what a treat when a fellow blogger takes the time to write so much encouragement. such kind words! you are a real sweetheart :)