Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I heart NYC

Oh how I love New York City. I love everything about it -- although I don't think I would want to raise my family there. It is one of my favorite places to visit...especially at Christmas and in the spring. I decided I needed to get away with my main squeeze before the babes are outta me and taking over my world, so I planned a weekend getaway with my wonderful friend who has a big huge birthday comin' up in June...and I knew I wouldn't be able to properly celebrate when I had two newborns screaming for food and diaper changes every hour or so.... She and her hubby were nice enough to fly to the East Coast from Minnesota to meet us in NYC for a grand ole time in the Big Apple. And what fun we had.... Here is the slide show she put together and let me put on this here blog 'o mine:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: NYC weekend
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own photo slideshow


Photos of yourself as a pregnant momma are rarely a good thing for the momma to see, but alas, while my face gets fatter and my bod puffs up, my only thoughts are whether the babes are healthy and growing. That's all that matters, really. I am thankful every day as I deal with all the woes of this last trimester that the wee nuggets in my belly are healthy and growing. I know I've said this in almost every post, but I simply can't stress it enough how lucky I feel to have two healthy babes out of my belly and in. It is not something to be taken for granted.

Hence, my weekend in NYC was slow-paced, relaxed and a perfect "calm before the storm". Oh and what a storm I have ahead of me......

1 comment:

Shannon Gish said...

Amy - you look spectacular in the video. You look even better than I did at 5 months when I was expecting one wee baby. You are totally in your element there - chic, classy and oh-so hip!
Great Video