Wednesday, March 10, 2010

resting while working

I have entered my third trimester and boy do I feel it. I am sooooo t i r e d at the end of every day. The mornings I feel horrid (very slow moving and nauseous), the afternoons I feel great and at night my body is completely exhausted and feels like I have run a marathon (I have actually run a marathon, so I do truly do know what it feels like).

So...because I am determined to keep these babes in my belly as long as possible and therefore as healthy as possible when they are born, I get into bed fairly early every night. I'm not one who can just lie in bed, so I always have a crafty project to work on while I rest my achy, stretched out muscles -- and watch my tivo'd shows. Some of the projects I've completed are:

He lost his knit hat that was given to him when he was born and he LOVED that hat (and so did I), so we were bummed (I was more than he was...he didn't quite understand the sentimental value of it). So...I found a great pattern (thanks Carie!!) and off I went to make him a new one -- and let him choose the yarn.

Since my girl was with us while we were at the yarn store, she of course wanted to pick out some yarn too, so I let her (they were on sale, the hat is adorable, so why not?):

Spring is in the air, Easter is coming and these were so much dang fun to make with some scrap fabrics I had laying around:



I'm now off to bed to start making a baby gift for a friend.... It feels so good to rest AND be industrious -- I love my evenings in bed! So do the babes -- they have their own little party in my belly every night while I work. They settle down just when I am ready to go to sleep. They are very well behaved babes...so far.......

1 comment:

carie said...

hurray! super cute hats!!!