Friday, October 16, 2009

just cuz

I'm posting today just cuz I'm not feeling like doing much of anything else right now.....

And cuz the view outside my kitchen window is spectacular every morning and I need to share the beauty....


And cuz I never posted anything about Mr. Incredible's incredible horseradish that he grew and then made into yumminess a few weekends ago. However, it was an eye-watering, nose-clearing task.... Not to mention very, very messy....


His eyes were watering so much he could hardly see (hence the mess). I couldn't even get close to the stuff without feeling like I was going to faint -- that is some STRONG smellin' root when you cut it up! (I wish I had taken some "before" pictures so you could see what they looked like...but basically they looked like long, thin, white roots).


We made enough to feed an army -- and all of their families and families' families. I'm not kidding (remember, this is the man who "does nothing small scale"). 20 (yes, t-w-e-n-t-y) jars of horseradish goes a loooooong way.... Anyone want some?

2 comments:

Marie said...

Farmer Jim - you're the man! I love horseradish - my Polish roots, ha, ha - get it?

Anonymous said...

You need to go to the Farmer's Market on the Plains on Tuesday and sell some of the stuff you won't use in a year! Very impressive~ Neigh-bah Mary