Friday, October 23, 2009

2nd ultrasound

There are still two....
(and I'm still trying to get used to that fact!)

All is well in my belly. They are growing at the same rate, they have strong heart beats and they haven't multiplied into triplets or quadruplets (phew!). Every single bit of good news is a relief to me.

A relief because I take NOTHING for granted.

A relief because everything does not always work out for me.

A relief because I am grateful every single day for my many blessings.

A relief because I am very anxious about this pregnancy and the thought of having twins and all the risks involved.

A relief because, well, it's always a relief for a mom to find out her babies are healthy.

The reason for expressing my "relief" is because I've had a few people intimate that "everything always works out for me." I wrote a lengthy blog post about this and then deleted it. I deleted it because all that needs to be said is that there is not one person who escapes the lows, the disappointments, the uphill battles, etc. of life. Not one. (a friend wrote an excellent post about this a while ago, so no need to repeat what's already been said so well)

The vast majority of my friends have been more than joyous of my news. There are no words to express how grateful I am for friends who share in my joys. Nothing brings me greater bliss than to share -- just share -- with friends and family. Share experience, share love, share joy, share stories, share moments....share everything. It is what makes life rich. And happy.

So I'll be sharing my pregnancy-of-twins journey on this blog. And hopefully everything WILL work out and I will end up with two healthy, happy children who become responsible, solid and just plain good people in the world. There is nothing I will work harder at than helping to create four of those kind of people. I know it will take more hard work than I could possibly imagine -- and I know everything will not always work out the way I want it to...but everything will always work out the way it was meant to for me to learn and to grow.

To whom much is given, much is expected.

'Nuf said.

1 comment:

calibosmom said...

Well, you already know I agree with what your sayin'! Us perfect chicks have to stick togetha. Twins...(I'm shaking my head as I say that)