Monday, June 22, 2009

happy father's day!

Ok...so I know I'm going overboard with the strawberries, but I have been wanting to try this recipe FOREVER (well...maybe just a year...but still....) and I finally made it for Father's Day. It is a typical Martha Stewart recipe with lots of steps, so I was waiting for the strawberries from our garden and the perfect occasion to make it -- and yesterday was that day! Yes, it took a long time to make and yes it was divine. The fried basil with sugar was seriously yummy. So was the basil whipped cream. Oh man it was a good dessert. And pretty too....

The daddy had about four pieces of it, so apparently it was a successful daddy's day dessert. That was a good thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks divine.
amye

Gabe said...

Um...can you PLEASE tell me how you made that!!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, and why wasn't I invited to try????