Sunday, June 7, 2009

strawberries!!!!

The "red ripe strawberries" (as Soren calls them) have arrived in our garden!!!!

My farm boy worked berry berry hard...(yes, that's him bending down to the ground -- he does NOT mess around!)

...my pickers picked...



...and we enjoyed the fruits of our labor...




...and made berry funny faces at each other....



...and at the camera.

And then we had them for dessert with some yummy fondue....



Them are some berry yummy strawberries!! A big thanks to my big farm boy!

(her last gulp of milk after finishing her dessert)

3 comments:

carie said...

Look at how big those berries are! I got about 6 strawberries from my garden and the biggest strawberry was the size of a dime. Does Jim Miracle Grow? He should have a little garden stand at the local farmers market.

Gabe said...

They look FABULOUS! I still have yet to see your house and garden. Not fair. I propose we remedy this situation pronto! My mom and I will have to come and meander through the gardens!

Happy Heidi said...

What awesome pictures and berries! I am so jealous they are in your backyard! I paid to pick some! And only got 13 jars of jam! Your garden looks wonderful. Of course your growing kiddos are so beautiful too!