Friday, June 26, 2009

a question

One of the things about motherhood I have always looked forward to is the things my child would some day ask me. I just love the questions. I love the sponge-like child's mind. I love the words they make up. I just can't get enough of it. My two lil ones are now at the perfect age for what I looked forward to most all those many years of waiting to have my own children. Soren with his 4 year old questions and Anna Clara with her delicious words ("pasquito" for mosquito is one of my favorites right now).

For example, tonight my boy had some questions that went like this:

SOREN
: "Mommy, if we didn't have any food in our stomach, would we be able to grow?"
MOMMY: "No, if you didn't have food, you would not be able to grow."
SOREN: "Well then if we go potty, than how can we grow?"

It was all I could do to keep from laughing at my lil boy's sincere question. I just LOVE those moments! And I absolutely adore my questioning boy....

No comments: