Tuesday, October 7, 2008

let the chips fall.....

Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the plethora of potatoes that Jim picked...and thought of it as I was stuffing my last potato into an old nylon stocking (the best way to store potatoes, in case you didn't know). I just didn't have the heart to take them all out of the stockings to take a picture...but I probably should have considering there might be a chance that we are moving (we're hoping it's a very SMALL chance...). But -- picture about 40 pounds of blue, yellow and brown potatoes piled on my kitchen table and you have the photo in your head.

Anyway...this is a lengthy introduction to an evening of frying potato chips that were outta this world DEEEELICIOUS. They were also especially beautiful and this time I couldn't miss this photo-op since I know my mom especially will be green with envy at these lovely treats.

After hours of peeling and slicing them oh so thin, I soaked them in ice cold water and dried them on paper towels:


Then I fried them up to yumminess!



And lots of funniness!




Oooooohhhhhh they were so dang good you just can't possibly imagine.... The blue potatoes were so pretty too, but not too pretty to eat! I hardly scratched the surface on the potatoes, so I am sure there will be many more potato chip dinners! And mashed potatoes...and au gratin...and potato salads....and oh so many more potato goodness to sink my teeth into.

And, by the way, my full size freezer is JAM PACKED with all the other veggies from the garden: tomatoes, butternut squash, green beans, peppers, acorn squash. We enjoyed a true "Fall Harvest" season at the Kappelman Farm....

No comments: