Wednesday, September 17, 2008

pretzels!!

So I was flipping through my latest edition of "Martha Stewart Living" last night and Soren happened to look over my shoulder when I came upon a recipe for soft pretzels. I said, "Ooooo....look Soren! Pretzels! Maybe we should make some tomorrow!" He immediately exclaimed (while jumping up and down), "Yes! Yes! Yes! Let's make pretzels tomorrow!" Who needs more inspiration than that to make something happen? Well then....I was tucking him into bed and told him he had to stay in bed and go to sleep because "tomorrow we're going to make pretzels!" His face could not have expressed more bliss...and then came the true sign of a 4-year old's desperate desire to be good so good things will come, he actually did NOT get out of bed with some form of procrastination tactic. That boy wanted to make those pretzels!

Needless to say, "So can we make pretzels now?" were the first words out of his mouth the next morning.

How could I possibly NOT make pretzels????




And for the "breathtaking moment" finale..... Upon taking a bite from the pretzel, Soren exclaimed, "Mommy! This tastes just like a New York City pretzel!" Could he possibly have said anything better than that about my pretzels?????

Nope.

No comments: