Sunday, February 14, 2010

the month o' love....

...fills our house o' love....

I have always loved Valentine's Day because what could be better than celebrating love? Even in my single days I felt that way. But now it truly is the month of love since the love of my life was born the day after Valentine's Day. He wanted to make our house more festive, so he made these this year:


There's one in each bedroom window...and in each bedroom sleeps the greatest loves of my life. I know it's sappy, but c'mon, love is sappy, so why try to be anything but sappy during this holiday??

Not to be outdone, my boy and I made melted crayon hearts for the rest of the windows (well, not all of them....).


And then I made my traditional (only for the second year in a row, but who's counting?) Heart Cookie Pops.


My boy then made his valentines for each of his classmates:


The finished product (yes, he made one for himself...why not?):

I made some salted and regular caramels to send to some valentines who live far away and who are going through a rough time:

Yes, it has been a very busy month o' love. Like I said, love is very much worth celebrating -- especially when you have so much around you!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You crack me up!