Saturday, December 5, 2009

holidays in brief

It's been a bit crazy 'roun these parts these past couple weeks, so I took a bit of a blog break. Since I have no interest in boring you with the details, I will share my fantabulous Thanksgiving fun in pictures.... (My parents and my sister with her family of six came to visit.)
Serving lunch to 5 wee ones in the midst of our Thanksgiving feast creation:

The place settings with the "thankful 4s" my sis made. We each wrote on the back of the "4" what we were most thankful for. I am so very thankful for so very many things, but, right now, I am most thankful for my very healthy family...all 6 of us (the twins included of course!) have stayed healthy this entire fall of swine flu, and other illnesses, running rampant. I most definitely do not take that for granted....

The kidlings' table with the turkey placemats I designed and made...with a lotta help from my mom to put them all together. They were tedious, but worth it!!

My dad teaching my hubby how to carve a turkey. The hubby wasn't too interested, however....

The active kidling table:

The "Black Friday" activity: making lefse...a tradition in Jim's family for countless generations. A tradition new to my family and we all enjoyed the team effort of its creation...

...not to mention enjoying the end result of its yumminess....

My most incredible parents created this lil addition to my kitchen. My mom's idea and my dad's creation: a changing table for my kitchen so I wouldn't have to walk up and down stairs every single time my wee babies needed a change...inspired by the fact that the babies' room will be on the third floor -- that's two flights of stairs every single time I need to change a diaper. Yes, I could change them on the kitchen floor or table, but why not build a folding changing table instead?? A set of drawers and shelves will be below the table once the twinlings arrive, but for now it's outta the way and available if needed for an extra table for drinks er whatever when we have a party. Cool, eh?


Searching the forest behind our home for our Christmas tree:

They found one!

Oh the satisfaction of finding a Christmas tree....

Then the Christmas decorating began....











I hope everyone had a fantabulous Thanksgiving and is enjoying a very merry holiday season!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amy,

Looks like you guys had a great time! Nothing better than spending the holidays with family! Love the changing table, what a cool idea. I am in awe of what you are accomplishing, prego with twins and constantly nauseous to boot! I'm impressed!