Sunday, December 13, 2009

the belly "bump"


Ok...I personally think this is more than a "bump", but people keep telling me they hardly notice I'm pregnant. If they felt how I feel, there would be no doubt. My belly feels a lot bigger than a "bump" lemme tell you.... Not to mention the nausea...oh the nausea. Yesterday I had uncontrollable dry heaves that seemed like they would never end. Thank heavens the hubby took the kidlings out running errands and they weren't here to witness -- or hear it. It was horrible. These twins are doing a number on my hormones. The sinus headaches and the nausea are really the worst of it. Other than that, I honestly feel great and the babes seem to be good 'n healthy and growing strong -- and I am EXTREMELY grateful for that.

But... I do feel like it's more than just a "bump" as there is one heckuva lotta stretching goin' on 'round my belly area. However...sometimes I wonder if that is due to the increased food consumption these past few months...although I am finally starting to eat a bit less...a bit.... Eating helps the nausea subside at least a little bit, so it's very difficult to hold back and not eat. I feel the most sick when I have an empty stomach, so I rarely have an empty stomach lemme tell you! I mostly crave chips and salsa with sour cream, meat/cheese/pickle sandwiches with LOTS of mayo (I know that grosses some people out, but man, these twins sure love the mayo!), and I've been eating an extraordinary amount of cheese. The good news is that there are very few things that completely gross me out...although there are definitely a few things I can't even think about eating, but it usually depends on the moment.

And yes, I have felt a few lil kicks now and then -- as every mom will say, that is the very best part of being prego. I just love those wee kicks. However, towards the last few weeks, I may not be lovin' them kicks so much.... I'm actually looking forward to what it will feel like to have TWO big babes a'kickin' rather than just one. I will be keeping you posted!

(By the way...since people keep asking me...I'm in my 15th -- almost 16th -- week and my due date is June 2nd, but the doctor said to plan on mid-May sometime as twins usually come early. I hope not TOO early -- I want good 'n healthy well-baked babes!!)

3 comments:

calibosmom said...

Sorry for your sickness but I'M SO EXCITED!!! It's not a bump it's a crumb catcher.

A-Kap said...

SOOOO true! My belly is definitely a crumb, drip, slobber, whatever catcher at this point!

Anonymous said...

I have two big crumb catchers and I'm not even preggers!
amye