Sunday, December 6, 2009

it's all snowy outside!!

This is what I looked out my window and saw first thing when I awoke this morning:

There are few mornings that bring me more joy than the morning of the first snow. I just love it. I've always loved snow. I love the beauty of the teeny tiny snowflakes and the beauty of what those trillions of snowflakes do to the landscape, the fresh chill and smell of the air, the feeling of softness all around you as you stand outside in the muffled stillness.
This is the first thing my boy did this morning (after getting dressed in his Sunday best...and didn't even want to take the time to put his jacket on):

Nuthin' like a bike ride in the snow!
Oh the joy snow brings!

There are few things more exciting (for a 5 and 3 year old) than building the first snowman with daddy.


1 comment:

calibosmom said...

Awesome! My kids were out all afternoon after church. Bliss