Thursday, November 5, 2009

fan of food and football



I love food. I mean I reeeeeally love food. I love to cook, bake and eat....lots. I saw this recipe in one of my favorite foodie magazines and HAD to try it -- even though my pregnancy nausea is only made worse with sweets (oh the horror for a chocoholic and baked goods fanatic!). I couldn't help myself. I just had to make these dang doughnuts. However, they sounded a bit better than they tasted -- but mostly because I am very particular about the balance between caramel and, well, whatever is with caramel. I loooove caramel (almost as much as I love chocolate) and these didn't have enough caramel in them because it melted out of the donuts. My fryer was filled with wasted caramel and I was devastated to have missed out on all that yummy gooeyness.... However, for whatever reason, I just wanted to share that I had made them. Don't worry, they didn't go uneaten. They were delicious. Pure indulgence. Just not enough caramel for my taste.




While I'm at it...later on this day of doughnut-making was a Big Game. Mr. Incredible is from Green Bay, so guess who we root for in our home?
 
I just had to share because, c'mon, is that one cute cheerleader or what??


Too bad they lost. Oh well. It sure wasn't because of a lack of fan support in THIS family!!

No comments: