Monday, August 31, 2009

the first's first

My firstborn went to his first day of kindegarten today. I honestly and truly was NOT expecting to be sad....but the minute I let go of his hand so he could get on the bus, up came a HUUUUGE lump in my throat. And then the tears. It was the most bizarre experience. I honestly didn't expect it. It came on so strong. A mother's love is so very very overpowering sometimes.

My happy boy excited to get on the bus with his "bus tag".


Anna Clara went into hysterics after Soren left. That didn't help my emotional breakdown much.....


This is when I quickly put the camera in front of my face to hide the approaching tears. Even our pup was sad to see him go -- and she was, as always, in the photo.


Bye bye my little baby boy. I hope the big world out there is good to you.

1 comment:

calibosmom said...

It's the best and worst day! I remember Caleb starting K. I was bawling, Hannah was crying and Matthew thought we were nuts. Soren is going to be great and so will you!