Monday, August 24, 2009

a farmer's wife

Yes, I am, without a doubt, a farmer's wife. A typical weekend in our house is the following:
My big and lil boy planting, weeding, and/or picking.


They bring in bucket and more bucket loads of veggies.


I wash (and wash...and wash...and wash...) them.

These are the sweetest cherry tomatoes I have ever eaten (and eaten...and eaten...and eaten...). They are like lumps of sugar cubes. And their color is absolutely spectacular.

My view of the garden as I work (and work...and work...and work...) at the sink...on yet another rainy summer day. At least the garden is getting a good soaking during these hot, August days!

The washed veggies before I chop, bag and freeze for the winter -- or cook for our week of meals.

Needless to say, our grocery bill is cut by half AND I don't have to even go as often...which is a huge bonus (on top of the already countless bonuses of having a garden in our back yard). Thank you again my hard workin' farm boy....

No comments: