Saturday, March 28, 2009

pamper time

There is nothing better for a wife and mother than a good pampering once in a while. And, if you add a most wonderful friend, your mom and sisters to the pamper time, well, it just doesn't get any better than that. I won't go into the logistics of last weekend, because it is way too boring to explain, but, basically, I went away for five days -- two and a half with a good friend and two and a half with my mom and sisters. Half the time in Kohler, WI at "The American Club" and half the time in midtown Chicago. All the time thoroughly enjoying myself and feeling incredibly lucky and refreshed and renewed. I will say it again, there is simply nothing better for a mom than to get away from the hubby and kidlings every once in a while. If you haven't done it, do it. If you have done it, you know you need to do it again. And again. And again.

Here are some images of my dreamlike five days away (I was way more interested in relaxing than taking pictures, so hence, I don't have very many).
Upon arrival, we immediately put on our robes -- who wouldn't? We wore them the entire two days we were there. That alone was delicious.... The lovely people who hosted us (it was like living in "happy land" -- they were all so nice!) gave me a bottle of champagne -- too bad neither one of us had any interest in drinking it! It made for a good photo-op anyway!

My toes before my "chocolate pedicure"...thankfully they are covered up by the luscious slippers. I felt very sorry for my pedicurist...she had a loooooot of work to do on my feet!! It's been a while since they've been pampered!

My toes after, with the yummy pjs my mom bought all the sisters (I took this photo a few days later since I forgot to while I was in Kohler -- too much stress to think about actually DOING something!!).

Being in Kohler, I just had to take a picture of at least one sink and faucet! And another of me in my robe of course....

Our last day. Sadly, we had to leave.

My mom took plenty of pictures from the time in Chicago with the sisters -- I was way too relaxed/lazy to take any of my own -- but I haven't received any yet and I was sick of waiting...so I went ahead and posted this without a record of the rest of the dream of a weekend.

If anyone reading this is jealous of such luxury, no need to be. You've got plenty of time to make it happen at some point in your life. This was the first time I have ever had such a luxurious weekend, but I can tell you right now, it will not be the last.....

I finally received the pictures from my mom and she was so very excited that I might be posting them, so I couldn't disappoint her!!

We had dinner at a fancy schmancy restaurant in Chicago, Spiagga, to celebrate my sister's 50th birthday (which is the whole reason we got together in the first place).

The birthday girl.....

Then we went to another fancy schmancy place, Signature Room, for after-dinner drinks overlooking Chicago on a crystal clear night...it was spectacular!

2 comments:

Happy Heidi said...

Oh Amy this sounds like it was a dream 5 days! Just enough to make you lov your family sooooooo much more and re-fill your patience gas-tank.

calibosmom said...

Girlfriend, I am so jealous that I'm going to take my own girls trip! SO glad you had a blast-you deserved every lucious moment!