Tuesday, March 17, 2009

leprechauns

Happy St. Patty's Day!!
Today was one of my all time favorite St. Patty's Days...although none will surpass the one when I went on my first date with Mr. Incredible...that was definitely one of the better days in my entire life.... But I digress....

What made today so great is my wee boy and his stories about leprechauns.... Y'see, he found a leprechaun footprint outside -- just one, but it was definitely a leprechaun footprint. He then told me the size of a leprechaun mouth ("why" you ask? I have no idea....). Leprechauns have two favorite colors: green and yellow. If you are quiet, you can hear leprechauns because they make very, very quiet "mouth noises" (I just might have to video tape Soren making the mouth noise...it is hilarious). The house of a leprechaun looks like lots of little castles. Leprechauns love to "hide around things".

So anyway....I made soda bread today (of course!) and Soren asked that I save some for the leprechaun because they LOVE soda bread. I said of course I would save some! Well...at dinner time he was very worried we were going to eat so much of the bread there wouldn't be enough left for the leprechaun. I was thinking he thought the wee fellas had big appetites...until he took some and put it on the stool in our kitchen. Here is what he saved for the lil guy (with Soren and Anna Clara pointing to it to give an idea of the size):

The BEST part was that Soren left the morsels on the stool and every time Soren came to check on them, there was less and less of the bread. Neither I nor Anna Clara had taken any and Soren knew this....so it MUST have been the leprechaun! They are sneaky lil guys! Not one of us ever saw anyone take any of the bread away -- so we have proof that a leprechaun lives in our house. And you can only imagine how excited Soren is about that!!

(Remember...we have a dog....a very sneaky and smart dog.... BUT, not one of us ever saw her take any swipes at the bread, so there very well could be a lil green guy dwelling in our home.)

3 comments:

calibosmom said...

Love it! Let's hope its not a Leprechaun of the mouse variety.

carie said...

yikes. Soren's leprechaun scares me. I think it is the quiet mouth noises.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!