Wednesday, March 11, 2009

love burst

I'm working at my computer during nap time and hear the pitter patter of feet coming down the stairs, peaking into my office, and then continuing on to the kitchen. The pitter patter continues back into my office and my lil boy says to me, "Mommy, you need to go look on the counter, the brown counter, and you will find something that I wrote." He then proceeds back upstairs to his room without hesitation.

I go into the kitchen and see what he wrote:

See now, that is a "love burst". Every single mother (and father) has felt it in a moment like this. It is overwhelming and it makes you feel the word "love" in every single particle of your body.

I go upstairs to tell my boy how very much I love him and how very much I love his note. He says, "Did you see how the eyes were all colored in with lots of coloring? That's because I'm wearing glasses because the sun is so bright."

This is the kinda stuff that happens to a mother that makes all the hard stuff seem like small stuff...and "one of those days" turns into but a speck in the universe compared to how big love is.

ps: I just showed my boy this post and he immediately said, "You can't see the smile." He points to the picture of him and says, "See...you can't see my smile."
That's my boy. He's got his priorities straight. There is nothing more important than seeing a smile.