Friday, April 2, 2010

week 31

Here are some things that happened during my 31st week of pregnancy....

It rained...and rained...and rained...and rained.... The most rain in recorded history for the month of March!! Luckily we didn't have any major flooding like some areas -- but we certainly had our share of flooded areas of water. Like, for instance, our back yard:

This is actually the path to Jim's garden of corn and squash in our way-back yard...all covered in water.

Our neighbor's pond used to have a little pier for them to fish from, but the water was so high, it made the pier float away....


This pond has never been this full -- and the water from further back in the yard was coming together with the pond water:


I also had one of my last(!) ultrasounds, and it was VERY difficult to get good pics of the babes since they were basically snuggled up together. They both have their heads up at the top of my belly -- hopefully that will change in the next few weeks so I don't have two breech babies!


This was the best shot of a face...but I know it's difficult to see if you have no idea what you're looking at, so hopefully my labeling helps:


They are both about 4 lbs. -- which is great that they are so healthy 'n all, but that means I am carrying 8 lbs of baby around -- and I still have at least 6 weeks to go! And the upcoming weeks are their period of the most growth.... Yikes....

Since Jim keeps saying he's going to take a picture of me and my belly growth -- and never does -- I finally took matters into my own hands and took a pic:


I will be very interested in seeing how much more this belly can handle stretching out (I am pretty sure it's currently where it was when Soren was born at full term!)...and how much more I can handle these babes taking over my bod. This here belly is one heckuva load to carry around, lemme tell you....

1 comment:

The Mom said...

I can't believe you are that small carring twins! You look great! I also can not believe your girl is 4 yrs old. Has it been that long since we have seen you? Your children are so beautiful. You two make beautiful babies. It looks like you are still a great cook.
Love Ya Ann Doney