Sunday, April 5, 2009

no more terrible twos??

That would be oh so nice if she would immediately grow out of her "terrible twos"...but alas, I think that is hoping for way too much. She is my whiner. There's no getting around it. But boy do I adore her anyway. And today she turned 3 years old (she was born on 4.5.06 -- such an easy date to remember!). *sigh* My baby girl isn't so "baby" anymore.

While everyone was enjoying this beautiful day....

I was making these....

Red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate frosting. YUM! She requested cupcakes and she loves the ladybugs (we've got a lot of them hangin' around). I even made the inside ladybuggish....

Soren was a very good big brother today treating his sister just like a birthday girl should be treated. First he made her this card (note the curly hair and pink sweater):

And he was SO excited for her to make a wish and blow out the candles....




She is wearing the very same sweater I wore when I was 3!! My mom knit it for me...and it's lasted this long in mint condition. Gotta love homemade sweaters.

I just like this picture. I'm still trying to figure out how to use my camera without the flash and not get blurry pictures. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yummy cupcakes!

Happy birthday to my lil girl!

2 comments:

calibosmom said...

So fun! Can your mom knit me an adult sized one of those sweaters? I just started my photo classes. We haven't learned about the non flash blur yet. I'll let you know when I found out. I did learn about some cool features. We'll have to have a camera pow wow.

Happy Heidi said...

Wow 3! She is just soooo darling! Where did these 3 years go? Remember you were pregnant as ever when we had a girls trip to NYC? LOVE those cupcakes!