Friday, February 27, 2009

it's potty time!!

The training has begun.... I wasn't sure if she was ready. But then I took out all the potty gear, and when she saw it, she was apparently more than ready. I asked her if she would go and sure enough, she went straight to the bathroom, pulled down her pants, I helped her on the potty and she let it all hang out....for about a half hour. No joke. She reeeeally liked going...and going...and going.... She was SO EXCITED -- so I think she would stop herself and then go some more. And some more. I didn't even need to give her a treat. The "woo hoos" from me and Soren were enough to make her day. This week has been a bit busy, so I haven't been able to give her my full attention to train her, but at least I know she is more than ready and diapers will soon be a part of my past...which seems so very weird to not have to change diapers after almost 5 years straight of doing it, but I don't think I will miss it. Nope, I'm pretty sure I won't.

my girl happily "going potty train" as she says....

3 comments:

carie said...

sometimes girls are so much easier than boys.

calibosmom said...

WOO HOO!!!

Kristen Wilde said...

Wow, she is SO grown up!