Thursday, October 4, 2012

summer 2012 fun

I know...summer ended a while ago...and so did all the fun.... I've been a busy gal. But I'll get to that later. For now, let's focus on the fun.

First, we went to Wisconsin for a family reunion at Pinecrest Historical Village where Jim's mom's family donated the "Sorenson House" (where Soren Sorenson lived, who is my Soren's namesake).
Jim's mom would be so proud of this family of hers...we sure miss her!


 We also went to visit Jim's Uncle's dairy farm.

 4th of July with the cousins.

 Some exploring during our 22 hour drive home from Wisconsin to New Hampshire. These two toddlers were NOT this happy in the car...not even close.....
THE BEST big brother.

 One of my fave pics of Anders.

Then we went to my parents' home in Hilton Head, SC.
One of my fave pics of Niels.

 Then we went to Nags Head, NC -- the fave family place for summer fun and relaxation.
 


The cousins eating one of many meals together.

I awoke with my boys - and the sun - every morning and went to the beach so that my two 2 year olds wouldn't awaken the entire house of about 20 people (depending on what day it was since there were lots of comings and goings of family members). There are some benefits to little ones waking you up early on vacation...especially when the house you are staying in is right on the beach. Lucky me!

Sometimes we took a walk to the pier to play amongst the pillars.
 Who knew you could have this much fun under a pier?



 These two cousins were rarely not playing in the waves.

They caught some crabs with Big Pa.

Daddy joined us for the last week before driving home. Another very long drive with two very cranky 2 year olds. Not a good summer to have so many loooooong road trips....

 I had a birthday.

 A 3rd grader and 1st grader started their school year.
 

And now for the end of my summer fun...and why I've been so busy and preoccupied of late....
While I was in Nags Head at the end of August, Jim accepted a job at Hospira in Lake Forest, IL. Yes, it is stupendous that he found a job within 3 months of being laid off. No, there is absolutely nothing stupendous about the fact that we have to move. I am sad...for so many reasons. I will miss all the incredible friends I have met here. I will miss living on the East Coast - and specifically my beloved New England. I will miss being within a 4 hour drive of NYC...where I can see my parents every once in a while in their beautiful apartment in that incredible city. And I will miss this home -- a place that seemed to be made for my family...inside and out.
I don't like that sign. My heart sinks every time I see it.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

Seeing all of you makes my heart sing! Thank you for taking time out of a crazy busy life to do this. Xo Cheryl

Shannon Gish said...

I had to scroll back up this post to avoid the final picture. (I am still in denial. Not happening.) You have had a full schedule - and who would know with your contagious smile and laughter straight on through it. Big Hugs.

Pedaling said...

it's great that you have sooo many memories...really much love about where you have lived these last few years.

aren't beach trips just the best for kids of all ages!? I do think so!

every summer should include a trip to the beach.

You have a great family!

Duy Nguyen said...

Everything in life happens for a purpose. You will find another happy home in Lake Forest or nearby places. Welcome back to the Midwest. Now you have more reasons to make long drives back to the east coast to see your parents and friends.

The Mom said...

I am so sorry you have to leave your beautiful home and area you live in, but having a living income is very very important, as you well know. Glad the Big Guy got a job.

Your family is so beautiful, fun and cute. Treasure these young years they go by too fast. Nice to see the dog going along so well.

Love to you and yours. Ann Doney