Wednesday, April 18, 2012

time flies...am I having fun?

I would just like to share that sometimes, yes, sometimes, being home all day, listening to whining, fighting, crying, toddlers and cleaning up mess after mess gets, well, a bit old. Some days I just want to throw a punch at the gazillion people who have said to me, while gazing wistfully at my young children, "It goes by so fast...enjoy them now...."

As you know from reading this blog, I DO enjoy them. I appreciate them, I lap up every little funny, adorable, delicious bit of them. I feel lucky every day. Even on the bad days.

But.

There are days.

Ok, maybe weeks.

When this time of "going by so fast" doesn't feel fast enough.

I get sick and tired of cleaning up the messes.



Soooooo tired of those constant, never-ending, non-stop, every second messes I am cleaning up.

Day after day.

In the midst of preparing for birthday parties, preparing meals, or maybe just trying desperately to do something creative and fun - for myself.


peek-a-boo!!









I am constantly tiptoeing around messes as I make dinner.
And then there's the constant, never-ending, non-stop, every second crying, whining and/or fighting. Sucha lotta crying, whining and fighting.









Buuuut.......then there are the times I know, without a doubt, I will some day think about as I wistfully say to a mom with young kidlets how fast it goes....













Anna Clara had some fun playing dress-up with the boys....







The boys plopped themselves down and did their thang.

















 






































I was taking pictures of the mess in the kitchen and Anders went up to Niels and hugged him for the camera. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to get a picture of them hugging. Every time, by the time I get the camera, they break apart and move on to something else. But this time they shared plenty of hugs for the camera. 




























And yes, these are the moments, and all the many good moments I record on this blog, that make all the messes, the crying, the whining, the daily grind....worth it.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Yes it does and yes you will be saying that sometime in the future.
You do great things and are a good Mom.
I love reading your blog and seeing your family. They are so beautiful. Yes he is very studly.

Love you
Ann Doney