Monday, March 26, 2012

the snowless winter days

I took these pictures the first week of February and I never took the time to post them. They represent many a winter's day this year. It was an incredibly mild winter...and I'm one of those weird people who LOVES snow and a good nor'easter to pile up a few feet (yes, feet, not inches) of snow on the ground. 

HOWEVER...I very much appreciated not having to bundle up my boys every day in full-body (and uncomfortable) snowsuits and that they were able to play outside so many days without whining about the cold and the scary snow everywhere (for some reason they are scared of walking on snow...maybe because this winter it was a very foreign substance.....). They probably spent more time outside this winter than inside. Fine with me! Fresh air is always good for some rosy cheeks and some long naps...and a lot fewer trips to the doctor!! 

I should also mention that last week was the first week of spring and we had record breaking, mid-80º temps for most of the week -- 40º above normal!! Shorts and t-shirts in the middle of March! It was too hot for me. But now it's back to normal with temps in the 40s this week. I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I'm glad the cold is back. I'm not a fan of sweating all day...especially when my wardrobe isn't ready for it.
















Happy spring everyone!

No comments: