Wednesday, May 5, 2010

wordless wednesday

These are some pics I took just because I needed to spend some time with them today.

They smell even prettier than they look.....

Lilacs are a sure sign its May. May is when I am supposed to birth some babies.

I had one of my bi-weekly check-ups with my doc yesterday and she said I would most likely give birth last night because I was almost 3cm dilated and 50% effaced -- and I was having horrible cramping and felt like I was having constant contractions.

My hubby's car broke down on the way to the hospital (I was there most of the day with contractions). He had it towed to a garage.

After pumping me with fluid, the doc said the contractions were just "irritable contractions" so she sent me home. I haven't had a good night's sleep in a very long time so all I wanted to do was cry, but I didn't. I went to pick up my stranded hubby.

We were both in horrid moods. We went out to dinner with the kidlings. My hubby complained about how much he hates his job. I cried. Our two lil ones ignored us and acted like nothing was wrong. Oh how I love children in those moments (and so many others)!!!!!

I am now feeling like I am going to feel this horribly uncomfortable for the rest of my life.

(Having said that, please don't even begin to think that I am not eternally grateful for having such healthy babies in my belly. I am beyond grateful for that. I fully, totally and completely understand that the longer the babies are in my belly, the healthier they will be. If one more person tells me that I might scream not very nice things in their face.)

1 comment:

irish1 said...

Amy,

I smelled those lilacs I cannot grow here in DC.....YOU are a blessing in many lives as you share with such good spirits....YES good spirits!...go ahead and scream bloddy hell...might do the trick.
Kathleen