Saturday, January 10, 2009

january white, january fresh


fake daisies I display every January to bring a touch of spring to our home during the loooong winter months....
It's a fresh new year. Here we all are in 2009...anticipating a year of.....??

As I reflect on the past year, as always... the word "change" comes to mind -- to the point where we all hope that we never have to hear that word again! There were countless changes in my world in 2008. The one I am most thankful for is the change that did NOT happen -- Jim losing his job. That was the biggest PHEW of the year!

The change that brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined, was how much more deeply I fell in love with my wee ones. I simply can't get enough of them and how much they are learning and growing. so. very. quickly. I truly love being around them. Not a day goes by that I don't appreciate their good health, their inquisitive minds and, most of all, that I get to be a part of their 2 and 4 year old worlds every single day. I feel so very, very lucky to be able to share in their daily joys.

Speaking of how fast they are growing, the biggest change so far in 2009 is that my wee girl is sleeping in a big girl bed -- and boy does she look cute in it.

(but then...doesn't every child look cute when they are sleeping....?)
The next big change will be that she wears undies instead of diapers. Yikes... my baby girl is not going to be a "baby" much longer. *sniff, sniff*
While I had my camera in the middle of the night, I took a picture of my boy. The flash doesn't make it seem like it's night time...but it was.

I hope 2009 is a year filled with many, many sweet dreams...and lots of them coming true.

3 comments:

calibosmom said...

Your kids are truly beautiful!

A-Kap said...

Aw....that is so very nice to hear. Thanks!! Now I just hope they grow into beautiful people INSIDE too!!

Happy Heidi said...

Oh they are sooo beautiful! And growing sooo fast! It is just so amazing to have children and be a part of them learning about the world. Hope we can see you guys!