Monday, December 8, 2008

quirky quirks

One of my "blogger muses", calibosmom, tag'd me for 6 of my quirks. The hardest part was limiting it to just six.....

1 } I have to have a little bit of some form of chocolate every day. If I'm not home and chocolate isn't handy, I must have some form of sweet however I can get it. (I figured I'd start with a fairly normal quirk....)

2a } When I am scooping ice cream out of a container, I must make sure it is a flat, even surface when I am done scooping. This goes for the scooping of pretty much any yummy stuff. I think it's more because I can't stop eating it until it at least looks like I didn't eat much....er sumthing.....

2b } (This just feels too related to 2a to make it an entirely new quirk.) I must cover every bit of surface area on a slice of bread when spreading something on a sandwich -- I think maybe for the real reason for 2a}....I like LOTS of pb or j or mayo or honey or whatever the spread. I also like lots of ice cream.

3 } I love the feeling of my hair running through my index and middle finger.

4 } I have an intense fear of getting a paper cut on my eyeball. (Yes, that's about as random a quirk as it gets. And no, I have never heard of anyone getting a paper cut on their eyeball.) Actually, anything having to do with eyes weirds me out BIG TIME. This is why I am so very very thankful I have 20/20 vision. I could never wear contacts, that's for sure.

5 } I often tell myself things in my head, think I vocalized it and then think people must know what I'm talking about when I refer to it. I know this happens to almost everyone, but wait -- there's more.... When someone is talking to me, I think I vocalized a response when I only thought it in my head. This is an especially annoying quirk for the people talking to me because they a) think I'm not listening (when I'm actually having a full-on conversation in my head about the subject at hand) and b) think I could care less about what they are talking about (when I care very much, but am too engrossed in my own thoughts about it). This quirk reeeeeally frustrates the heck outta the hubby.

6 } I stole this one from Gabe who stole it from Ashley: I get very annoyed by grammatical and punctuation errors. I read and re-read my emails to make sure there are none (it takes me at least ten times as long to write an email -- or my blog entries for that matter -- as most people, I'm sure of it). However, I've never vocally corrected someone's grammar (besides my children -- my husband does NOT like it when I do it to him). My mom did it to me CONSTANTLY growing up so it's a habit/quirk I learned from her.

So there you have it. My quirks exposed. Some of them....

I simply haven't been blogging long enough to know 6 other bloggers, so I'm only going to tag Heidi and Carie (since Gabe already tagged the only two other bloggers I know).

Here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six quirks you have, only 6!
4. Tag six fellow bloggers to do the same.
5. Leave a comment to let them know.

1 comment:

carie said...

i really like your quirky quirks, but I am such a party pooper. I don't ever follow through when I am tagged. So, to make up for it, I will tell you a quirky quirk here.

- Ever since we lived in that noisy apartment in Providence, I have become addicted to the sounds of a white noise machine. Now I can't sleep unless I have my air purifier on. I have to take it every where, even on vacation. It takes up half my suitcase. I feel so chained to a stupid machine.