Monday, June 13, 2011

romance


It's a cold, dreary Monday in June(!) today so I felt like posting these pictures I took a week ago to help brighten my day.

And they got me thinking about my man. My "Mr. Incredible". And what makes him so "incredible"...other than looking just like the cartoon character. Except slimmer.

He planted these to commemorate our wedding -- he is much more of a romantic than I ever give him credit!! We were married 8 years ago this May. We had LOTS of peonies everywhere at our wedding. They are such gorgeous, lush flowers with a divine, delicate scent.

Our anniversary came and went. That's just how we roll (one year we BOTH forgot our anniversary completely!). That doesn't mean we don't love each other or our marriage means nothing. Oh no it doesn't. Every marriage is different, every couple is different. There is no one way to be "romantic" or to show love.

He is so good to me in so many subtle, behind-the-scenes ways. He is a solid, salt-of-the-earth man who is good to the core. And I mean GOOD. He is a "good guy" through and through. That right there is why I married him (his incredible sense of humor helped a lot too...he makes me laugh every. single. day.).

He is also incredibly generous and thoughtful. He bought me all new kitchen -- and laundry! -- appliances for a Mother's Day/Anniversary gift, and for me, practical gifts are the very best gifts (other than thoughtful notes and/or deeds). I love practical gifts.

I also love my husband. Very much.

3 comments:

Shannon Gish said...

And this post is one of the zillions of reasons why I'm sure he counts himself lucky to have married you. You both are wonderful.

loony said...

where is the like button?

Linda said...

My wedding bouquet was pink peonies and practical gifts are the best, because I get so excited over the mundane things that make up life. Kindred spirits you and I. Muah!