Friday, July 24, 2009

a happy man

I don't think I have ever....ever....seen Mr. Incrdible so happy. If I had known it would make him this happy (cuz of course I knew it would make him happy), I would have made him buy it a looooong time ago.....

Check out our brand spankin' new tractor!!!!




Nuthin' runs like a Deere!!


These pictures don't show it very well, but the man was ALL smiles as he took his first ride (in the rain) to check it out. Since it was a dark, rainy day (hmmm...sound familiar??), it was tough to get a good picture without raindrops blurring the camera....

He did finally get a bright sunny day for his very first full lawn cutting on his new baby:



Please note the difference between our lawn and our neighbor's. Yes, he is very, very proud of that...and mentions it quite frequently.

This is one happy man. He couldn't even wait to change out of his work clothes to get on it for its maiden voyage and riiiiiiiiide..... After finishing the lawn (taking half the time of the other tractor...no joke) he said, "I am really happy about that tractor!!" Mind you, this is a man who doesn't express happiness too often (not that he is not ever happy, he is just a typical stoic midwesterner type), so him telling me this is similar to, say, a husband telling his wife he just won the lottery. When the hubby is happy, this wife is very, very happy indeed.

There is even a song written just for us.

(And yes, I do think his tractor is sexy....)

2 comments:

calibosmom said...

I am truly speechless about that song...anyway, WOOHOO!!! Way to go Jim. The tractor is a beaut!!! Hopefully he'll take the kids for a long ride every week. That will make a happy kappy mama!

Unknown said...

that tractor IS sexy! that video made me blush and laugh at the same time. I wonder what that says about me?